Wednesday 10 January 2007

Booking Onto a Course? Here's How it Works ...

First Steps

First, you send me an email (include your estimated delivery date!), or fill in the online form at the NCT webpage.

If your class is not yet ready, I will send you an email telling you, and saying I will email you when the class has been set up. (You can look at this entry to see how close the course is to being set up.)

When the class dates have been finalised, I will email you (along with everyone else on the list) with the class dates, enrollment forms, and some general information.

Enrolling

You need to send me back the enrollment form, with a cheque for the appropriate amount.

When I have your form and cheque, I will email you to say you have a place on the course. Sometimes I get cheques after the course is full - if this happens, I can put you on the waiting list, or discuss other courses that might suit you, if I have any. Places are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, in the order I receive the cheques. If I receive two cheques in a day, for a single course place, I flip a coin.

Then, I will send you a letter with the dates, times and locations of all parts of your course, some details about the course venue, and a copy of a current branch newsletter. (This sometimes takes a little while, I'm not great at posting things.)

Getting Ready for the Course

Two weeks or so before your class is due to start, I will send you a reminder email. This will include a letter from your teacher, about anything she wants you to bring. I need you to reply to this email, so I know you are still planning to attend. If you do not reply, I will telephone you.

If you cancel, I will do my best to find someone else to take your place, by emailing people who are on my list. If I find someone to take your place, you will get a full refund.

When I have a cancellation, I email everyone on my spreadsheet who has an appropriate delivery date. I generally give people 48 hours to reply, and show they are interested in the place. If there are several couples interested, I flip a coin to decide who gets the place.

The Course

The teacher will arrange to share course attendee details, and arrange a course reunion for some time after all your due dates.

FAQs

I don't live in Tower Hamlets, can I attend these courses?

Yes. I don't select class attendees based on where they live - only by due date.

I know you haven't released the class for my due date, can I reserve a place?

When the classes dates are firm, I will email all interested people, and everyone will have a fair chance to enroll.

What if I have the baby early? Or move house? Or am otherwise unable to attend?

As long as I have a few weeks' notice, I can generally find someone else to take your place, guaranteeing you a full refund. Medical emergenies will be considered on an individual basis.

No comments: